Wednesday 6 May 2015

FMP proposal

FINAL MAJOR PROJECT PROPOSAL
ABIGAIL HUFFINLEY
20042311

Proposed project title: Restaurant corporate identity

I have created a proposal form for my FMP, including what I need and have to do. such as researching different restaurants and their corporate identity.

Section 1) Working title
‘Designing an innovative corporate identity for my own restaurant’

Project objectives: 
Design an innovative corporate identity for my own restaurant, for a target audience of families to young couples between 18 and 30. Create, complete and analyse a survey to find out what my target audience want and why. Research and analyse the developments and designs of different restaurants and their target audiences, and compare, looking at the functional use as well as being aesthetically pleasing.

Section 2) Reasons for choosing this project
I love researching into different topics and designs, gaining inspiration and evaluating various pieces of design. Every restaurant I go into, my attention is instantly drawn to the name, menu design, logo, interior and colour theme. I would like to improve my knowledge and skills in advertising design work and corporate identity as it is something i would love to take forward in my career.

Section 3) Activities and timescales
I will need to create a daily plan which will include in detail what I plan to do. This will cover research, experimentations, design development and final design. This will be created and attached overleaf. I will also keep notes that I make throughout the project.

Section 4) Resources
For research, I intend to look at primary and secondary sources. For primary i would look at a range of restaurants, all with a target audience the same as mine. For example these would be Weatherspoon's, Millies Cookies, ShakeAway and McDonalds. I intend to look into books from Dunstable/college/Leighton libraries, gaining knowledge of the history of corporate identity for restaurants. I will look into the various restaurants, and their logo, name, colour theme, interior design, materials, slogan (if applicable), promotions and advertising. Also what changes have been made over time and whether it has been for the better or worse. I intend to visit the Somerset House in London, where I can gain inspiration on interior design, imagery and colour. 

For secondary, I intend to look on websites for the different restaurants, what promotions they are offering, text, imagery and whether they link their theme of the overall design of the restaurant to the website. I intend to use computers for software such as Microsoft Office for printing text and images off in colour and media sites such as Facebook and Twitter and different blogs on the artists and restaurants I am researching. I will look at various artists and designers to gain inspiration, both in books and on websites. Experimentation work may include fine liners, paints, various styles  of paper and card, typography and imagery. 

Assignment Overview:
Brief: Restaurant corporate identity

The aim and purpose of this brief is to develop skills, knowledge and understanding in advertising design and when creating a corporate identity for a company. Obtaining primary and secondary research is paramount to generating and developing ideas. Good time management is essential in order to meet the deadline. 

In order to meet the requirements of the final outcome, it is essential to understand the target audience. Research in the forms of interviews and surveys and looking into various blogs will be beneficial. Visits to various restaurants to discover what is already out there and what the market needs to fulfil the target audiences requirements. Look at various books and online websites to research the corporate identity and design aspects of this brief.
Research, experimentation and design development needs to be documented and added to my FMP sketchbook, which must be analysed and evaluated. 

Final Outcome:

A body of research, experimentation and idea generation available to be viewed in the FMP sketchbook, demonstrating a diverse range of primary and secondary sources. 

An innovative corporate identity for my own restaurant, exciting the audience. This must include a name, logo, colour theme, possible wall design and promotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment