Wednesday 10 June 2015

Theme Of My Restaurant

These are all of the ideas I have for the theme of my restaurant: 


  • Sea life - themed on a life boat - serving sandwiches, drinks, cold food, hot food etc
  • Riverside - ice cream parlour, drinks
  • Cabin - hut, shelter - tea room, serving hot drinks, cold drinks, cakes sandwiches etc. 
  • Beach based  - ice creams, cold drinks - perfect on a hot day

The chosen idea:


A cabin hut

I gained my inspiration from designer Lauren Hom, and her christmas laser cut out typographic designs on wood. I love this effect, to which the idea came to me for a wooden cabin hut. I have also been inspired by the interior design of the restaurant Chez Jerome, with its wooden design. I will be serving hot drinks such as teas, coffees, hot chocolate etc, cold drinks such as milkshakes, fizzy drinks and coolers and food such as sandwiches and cakes. This menu would work really well in all seasons, with a fire in the winter and a fan in the sumer.

These are a few images taken from google images, showing how my mind is thinking. I want it to be a traditional cabin hut, with a fire place, and a wooden interior, feeling all cozy.

I will be using warm colours, such as reds, yellows, oranges and browns to create a cosy theme, especially for the interior of the restaurant, as this will create a welcoming feeling. Places like Wetherspoons and Chez Jerome used wood and brown leather seating for their interior design, creating a cosy, comfortable place for the customers to feel relaxed in. I need to make sure I create this same feeling in my designs.








No comments:

Post a Comment